Monday, March 2, 2009

"You're Such a Bastard"

Congratulations Jason Mesnick - you just made America hate you. Let me begin first by being completely honest with you. I read spoilers about The Bachelor finale from Reality Steve about two weeks ago. The information seemed fairly legitimate but it was almost too shocking to believe. Well Steve was right...but I still wasn't prepared.

I am angry.

I'm angry that since June I have been led to believe that Jason is a good guy. ABC has been pimping him (and his son) hard since his first appearance on The Bachelorette. I was drawn in by his back story and aw shucks appeal. I started to wisen up as he started to show a skeevier side while shoving his tongue down every girl's throat. Now he's proven himself to be a spineless coward who whatever you believe is either a flip flopper OR went along with an absolutely cruel set-up.

I'm angry for Melissa. Good for her for being angry too and putting the heat on Jason. Her incredulous "mmm hmms" were the only thing that kept me from crying until I actually cried. (Yes even with spoilers I cried!! These are human emotions people!)

I'm angry that ABC more than likely orchestrated this whole thing. Never ever will I believe that Jason had not talked to Molly since the final rose ceremony. If it were true they wouldn't have had to emphasize it so many times. Reality Steve was right about the outcome and I think he's right about this too. There have been many reports of sightings of Jason in Molly's home town as early as December - WAY before this After the Final Rose was filmed. There's no way these people who are under lock, key and contract would be able to see each other without the network knowing. Maybe it would have been more believable if Molly and Jason weren't such horrible actors. Every time she kept turning to look at Chris Harrison I wanted to snap her neck off.

I'm angry that now I don't know who I want to be the next Bachelorette more - Jillian or Melissa. Dual season anyone??

So yeah I'm angry. Angry enough that I don't want to watch Part 2 of ATFR. But like the great Monica once sang "For You I Will." Expect thoughts tomorrow. Until then - A.Dub out.

PS - Did anyone else notice the color of Melissa's dress magically changed from the previews on the first episode. Those shots clearly showed Jason proposing to a brunette in a blue dress (left) but Melissa's dress was yellow.


PPS - Molly's hair looked horrible in the final episode and the after the final rose. Whatever...she's a strumpet.

2 comments:

  1. Me too, Piz. Meeee too. And thank you for all the updates...Yogaville does not have cable :)

    ReplyDelete