Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let's Get It On

Baby Kris Allen welcomes you to another AI recap!

Matt Giraud - And to think he almost didn't make it through to the Top 12 - thank goodness for the wildcard!  Matt has just the right voice and tone to pull off Marvin Gaye and it all made for a fantastic performance.

Kris Allen - Don't really know that the guitar brought much to the performance but you all should know by now Kris Allen can do no wrong by me.  He's adorable, has a great voice and even does a good arrangement of a classic song.

Scott MacIntyre - So I didn't get a chance to write about this last week but I will now.  One of the judges commented on how they wanted Scott to get up from the piano. But honestly....what else is he supposed to do??  They obviously can't have him wandering around blindly (literally) on stage, he can't bring his seeing-eye brother up there thus it's time for him to go.

Megan Joy (no longer Corkrey) - I am really tired of her ruining perfectly good songs with her singing/talking/screeching /warbling.  She had a couple of good moments in the middle of the song but overall it left me feeling like she'd just scratched her nails down a chalkboard for a minute and a half.

Anoop Desai - Another good vocal from Anoop-Dog but honestly it kind of bored me out of my mind.  Time to bring back the Bobby Brown swagger and pelvic thrusts.  Fashion note - loved the layering - shirt, tie, long sleeve striped shirt, sweater and Members Only style jacket - wow!

Michael Sarver - I wanted this to be good...I really did - but it just wasn't.  There were far too many bum notes and it was boring.  Time for Michael to pack his bags and go home.

Lil Rounds - Not to pull a Paula but she looked fantastic!  I expected her to kill Motown week but like last week I was still a little underwhelmed.  There were several notes (particularly in the lower register) that were a bit off.  Lil really needs a big showing next week or she could find herself as the Mandisa of Season 8.

Adam Lambert - For finally giving me a performance that didn't make me want to stab a fork in my eye I'm not even going to touch the styling.  (Don't make me regret that Lambert.)  I think for the first time I was able to appreciate just how good a singer Adam is without being distracted by the theatrics and histrionics.  If he keeps this up he might actually win a vote from me.

Danny Gokey - Another great performance - it is really going to be tough once we get down to these top 4-5 guys.  They are all capable of delivering consistently solid performances and they all bring a little something different to the table.  Let's just hope America doesn't ruin it for us.

Allison Iraheta - Just when I thought this was going to be a boy's only club little Allison turns it out!  The producers definitely helped her out by putting her in the pimp spot this week - hopefully it will work and our little ingenue will live to see another day.

Prediction -- Should be and hopefully will be our favorite roughneck Michael Sarver.

No comments:

Post a Comment