Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Download LetDown - AI Recap

Anoop - After I give you props on your outfit last week - you pull out this monstrosity of a jacket?  I'm hurt.  Good to see his playful side back again but definitely not his best.  C+

Megan - When I heard the words Megan and Bob Marley together I wanted to scream.  Can someone please tell this girl she doesn't have to "dance" to every song she sings.  It's OK...in fact it's preferable to just stand there.  It's also preferable to hit actual notes but I don't want to ask for too much.  D

Danny - One of the few times I haven't really enjoyed Danny's vocals.  I liked the song choice but he hit quite a few sour notes.  It amazes me that sometimes the judges pretend not to hear these things.  B-

Allison- I liked the beginning better than the end but all in all another great performance.  She's proving to be one of the most consistent in the competition.  B+

Scott - Raise your hand if you were surprised Scott sang Billy Joel....that's right.. no one.  Scott is starting to remind me of the musician in the piano lounge on my senior cruise.  He played the same mix of Elton John and Billy Joel every night.  The only difference was the cruise guy was actually enjoyable.  C

Matt - Just the type of song I've wanted Matt to sing.  I didn't think he was that bad and I'm pissed that the judges seem set on sending him home. B

Lil - Oh my...Celine?  Interesting song choice when there are about 1000 better ones available.  To me Lil sounded like she was pushing her voice to the very edge throughout the whole song and I was just cringing waiting for her voice to crack.  She got through it but I still think she needs to step it up if she wants to make it much further. B

Adam - We get it.  Adam can sing and hit ridiculous notes.  I really didn't like the arrangement of the song (thought it took away some of the funkiness) but I am glad to see he's once again ditched the eyeliner and the emo-kid hair.  B+

**TV Crossover Moment - The actor who plays Marco on Privileged in Adam's cheering section...could he be his boyfriend???

Kris - It's about time my baby got the show closing pimp spot!  By FAR the best performance of the night and I don't say that just because I want to have his children.  The arrangement was fantastic, vocals were spot on and he did it all while looking the hottest he has all season.  A!

Who should go home?  Hopefully America will get it right and send Megan Joy on her way.  I could see an unfair bouncing of Matt but hopefully that won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment