Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why Wasn't I Watching This?

In case you couldn't tell, I love TV and I watch a lot of it.  Usually I do a good job of keeping tabs on new shows that come out but I missed the boat on this jewel.  Luckily a late afternoon nap had me up past my normal hour last night only to stumble upon Vh1 and Rupaul's Drag Race.  This show is like the gay love child of America's Next Top Model and Project Runway.  Drag queens competing in a pageant of sorts - designing and sewing their own attire, walking the runway, answering judges' questions and having a lip sync battle to Mary Mary's Shackles at the end to stay on the show!  It's almost too good to handle.  I was hooked when there was a vogueing competition in the first 10 minutes.  Sadly we are already down to the final 3 - Bebe Zahara Benet, Nina Flowers and Rebecca Glasscock.  Hopefully I'll be able to get caught up on all the old episodes before the finale!

1 comment: