Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

No it's not Christmas...it's even better - FALL TV PREMIERE season is here!! If you're like me you've somehow survived the summer with the endless Bones and Law and Order reruns on TNT and the ever reliable onslaught of reality shows (Did anyone else enjoy Dating in the Dark as much as I did?). But now TV lovers the time is here to embrace the return of old favorites and check out the networks' freshest offerings. Not sure when your shows are coming back? Check out the calendar here. I'll be previewing some returns and premieres over the coming weeks so if there is a new show that's piqued your interest but you're not ready to commit to watching let me know and I'll do the dirty work for you.

The WB gets things started tonight with the return of 90210 and the premiere of the Melrose Place reboot. Last season's finale left us with things getting a little shaken up at West Beverly. Silver was smooching Ethan who seemed keen to go"find himself," Kelly flirted things up with the principal and Annie went crazy and ran someone over. Since we know that Ethan got the boot for Season 2 we'll have to see where they go with this storyline and also watch for the introduction of some new characters that have been rumored. While the show is campy at best it never lost its entertainment value and for that it retains a coveted spot on my DVR lineup.

Quite honestly I probably watched a few shows back in the day that were a little too mature for my age. While the original 90210 was one of them, I can't say the same for Melrose Place. I am aware of the huge cultural impact this early primetime soap had on TV thus this new version has quite the shoes to fill. With a cast who's headliner is Ashlee Simpson I'm not expecting much but it will be interesting to see if they can bring the same appeal that's reinvigorated the 90210 franchise to this show.

Those of you who need advanced warning go ahead and set your DVRs for Wednesday night as ANTM, Glee and SYTYCD all make their appearances! We'll be back with all the deets tomorrow - Happy TV Watching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment