Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Intercepted By Warlords

I'm not sure how most of you spent your three-day weekend. A lot of you probably did something awesome and active like camping or hiking or tailgating all day for your school's first football game. That's all well and good, but I'm pretty sure I spent my weekend better than everyone: I watched the first two seasons of NewsRadio. Along with Twin Peaks, it's one of the few shows of the early-mid 90s that I've always wanted to watch, and although I've seen some of the episodes, watching it as a marathon is pretty amazing. However, it's a little depressing seeing Phil Hartman steal almost every episode and know that he was killed in such a horrendous way, right in the prime of his career. Having seen the majority of his later work on Saturday Night Live and loving every one of his characters on The Simpsons, it's been refreshing to watch him completely own the character of Bill McNeal. Since I'm feeling nostalgic, enjoy what is arguably the most memorable Phil Hartman sketch of all time: "Clinton at McDonald's" Also, Audra is back for fall TV previews. I know, don't get too excited. Happy four-day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment