Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DWTS Recap

We're down to 7 couples - most of whom are pretty good.  The addition of the group dance seemed to throw off a few of the celebs but most came through with pretty solid performances. In honor of the 60's themed routine.....

Leader(s) of the Pack
From first few seconds Melissa and Tony danced I thought she would get perfect 10s.  For one of the first times I actually love the costume!  It was beautifully choreographed and almost flawlessly danced.  Of course fuddy duddy Len had to ruin it with the 9 but I still think they deserved a 30.  Shark had another solid performance and should be well on there way to the finale.  In a role reversal Derek seemed to take over the sexy with his lip synching while Lil Kim showed a softer side and some flexibility.  I know Regis will love that one but I prefer my Lil Kim with a little more spice. 

You've Lost that Loving Feeling
Personally I was bored with Gilles and Cheryl and I think Cheryl has lost a little of the umph in her choreography lately.  Similarly Lawrence and Edyta lost that spark this week.  Chalk some of it up to song selection (Journey? Really?) but the style just didn't click with LT.  Hopefully next week he'll be back stronger.

Do The Freddie
Just like this awesome dance Ty is cute, but still awkward.  He did make a good rebound this week, seemed more comfortable and even hit some nice lines with his arms.

Stand by Your Man
I think it's obvious Julianne is the only thing keeping Chuck in the competition at this point.  Way to show your lack of celebrity status by highlighting your gig in Waverly Alabama.  I'm from Alabama and I don't even know where that is.  They are annoying and don't deserve anymore of my (virtual) ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment