Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Your American Idol....

The American Idol finale is one of the biggest spectacles put on outside of the big awards shows. With the amount of people that tune in they are able to pull some of the best acts in the business. This year was no different with a couple of great surprises. Here's a rundown...

Lil and Queen Latifah - Not going to lie - I fast forwarded.

Jason Mraz + Idols - I'm Yours. Don't think I've mentioned this on the blog before but Jason Mraz is THE most represented artist on my iTunes and one of my alltime favorites. This song really showed off the contestants vocals and made me sad Alexis Grace wasn't in the competition longer.

Kris Allen with Keith Urban? Yes please! Such a perfect combo that this performance should be released for radio play tomorrow.

Fergie/Black Eyed Peas Medley - I was hoping I wouldn't have to hear Megan's voice again but I guess dreams can't always come true. It's probably been a couple of years since the BEPs have performed live all together. I forgot they were actually a pretty entertaining group.

Side note - The Kara, Bikini Girl bit was pretty funny. Nice of Kara to get some exposure (literally) before she (hopefully) gets the boot.

Allison and Cyndi Lauper - 2 unique voices + classic song = fabulous performance

Danny and Lionel Ritchie - Crazy how much better Danny's voice sounds after a week of rest.

Adam and KISS - Way to bring it all out for the finale - sequined, cage-like shoulder pads, rhinestone eyeliner, platform shoes. I kind of love it. I can't even imagine how awesome it must have been for Adam to be onstage with them - it was amazing to watch and to see his family's reaction.

Santana + Idols - Though I can't say I'm the biggest Santana fan but it's pretty impressive when you can perform a song 10 years later and it's still just as good.

Steve Martin, Megan and Michael - what?? I couldn't get past 30 seconds - it was just too weird.

Rod Stewart and the Idol men - Idol men > Rod. That is all.

QUEEN!!! - OK I geeked out again with this one. Then all I could think was how much I'm going to miss seeing Kris Allen on my TV every week. Le sigh. Nice of the producers to give Kradam some screen time to express their mad love for each other.

And now for the results...APOWIFEJAOIFWJEOAWEJFOIPJAFEOIJFEOAIJEFAWO
KRIS ALLEN!!!! I've never been SOOOO happy to be wrong. I know I've gushed a lot about him over the season but Kris has honestly been one of my favorite contestants ever on Idol and I have no doubt he will have a successful career. Can't wait for the album! And so another season of Idol comes to an end. It's been a memorable one for sure and GSATW are glad you came along for the ride. And just as you're thinking January is too far away to bear just remember...

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE STARTS TOMORROW!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok..fine. After sleeping on it, Kris is fine. But I'm still an Adam fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was really upset Adam did not win. She told me earlier in the day that she would be happy either way but I could see through that white lie after Kris won. She said it wasn't fair for them to keep the lines open till 1AM since it was hard for her to keep awake that long, so she didn't get through as much as she could have to vote for Adam.

    ReplyDelete