Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Watch This Show!

If you're anything like us grad students your plate is pretty full with television these days. Tonight alone we have to tackle the finale of Dancing with the Stars, 90210's season finale AND the final performance show on Idol. But while all your favorites are winding down, why not try something new? Tonight after American Idol Fox will be premiering the pilot of it's new series Glee. This is an interesting move since another episode won't air until the fall but I think it could be smart. By pulling Idol viewers in the musical component of the show they could have an established fan base by the time it has to compete with other premiering shows come September. If you know me you could probably guess that I would love that show. I mean let's be honest, I was in show choir. But even if you're not so show tune inclined I think this is a show you could enjoy. Why? First off it's brought to you by Ryan Murphy - the man behind Nip/Tuck so you know it's going to be a little bit dark and a lot bit funny. It has a good mix of actors whose faces you'll recognize but not necessarily know their names and unknown Broadway talent. It's not show tunes but the sounds of Amy Winehouse, Journey, Jazmine Sullivan and more. And finally it combines our two favorite things - music and TV. Too often shows that put a different spin on your typical sitcom or dramedy don't get a decent chance to make it. Tune in tonight and see what you think!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I thought about you so much when I was watching this last night! I knew you would love it! The musical numbers were sooooo good last night. I am sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts: Amazing. Perfect. We will be watching this together in the fall. Did you think about Archie? P.S. Where is the brunette from? I did recognize her but forgot what she is from. I also recognized the main teacher, but he is really skinny comparitively.

    ReplyDelete