Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music We're Listening To

It's been a while since our last installment of "Music We're Listening To." Rest assured, this wasn't because we stopped listening to music. We're just lazy. Get down on some of this sweet, sweet sound...

Jesse McCartney: "How Do You Sleep?"
Another classic summer jam from J-Mac. Seriously though... if you're a girl leaving Jesse McCartney, how do you sleep with yourself? Add in Ludacris and you'll be blasting this with the windows down. Bet me.


Biz Markie: "Just A Friend"
All I can say is that advertising must work, because I've had this song in my head ever since the NBA playoffs started and that Heineken commercial keeps coming on. Oh well, at least it's a good song.


Dodos: "Fools"
Speaking of commercials, this phenomenal song was used in a Miller Chill commercial. PLEASE buy a Dodos album... they need money!


Benjy Ferree: "Fear"
I read a review of Ferree's Come Back To The Five And Dime, Bobby Dee Bobby Dee a while ago and thought to myself "that sounds really cool, I should check it out." Since finally getting it on the iPod two weeks ago, I've probably listened to it 8 times. Definitely one of my favorites from 2009.


Jessie James: "Wanted"
I've never heard of this gal, so I'll quote Audra: "Christina Aguilera's country pop vocal doppleganger. Plus she's from Atlanta!" And her name is like Jesse James (coincidence!).


Harlem Shakes: "Sunlight"
Great, happy, fun music to walk along to while in the sunlight, this aptly-titled track from the Harlem Shakes' newest Technicolor Health is an album highlight. Looking forward to catching them at the Drunken Unicorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment