Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AI: Final Performances

Round One - Adam made a good choice by picking "Mad World" - one of the most downloaded songs this year. I'll hold my tongue about the Matrix coat. I really wasn't sure what song Kris would pick but "Ain't No Sunshine" was a good choice. He hadn't really hit his stride when he performed it the first time so this time it was infused with more confidence and mojo.

Round Two - Simon Fuller proves himself to be a much better song picker than any of our judges by providing both contestants with timeless classics that could be interpreted in a variety of styles. Well done Simon F. If there's anything Sam Cooke's classic "A Change Is Gonna Come" doesn't need - it's screaming. While I liked the bluesier feel of Adam's version I think the song is better served with subtler vocals. Conversely I thought Kris' "What's Going On" may have been a little too safe and a little too similar to past performances.

Round Three - The much anticipated and much dreaded final song. Let's just go ahead and say that the song sucks, but that's par for the course. For the first time this season I actually think Adam hit some bum notes in the first chorus but he came back strong and finished the song very well. Clearly this isn't the kind of music Adam would or should make so it's a little unfair to judge him on it. The song was slightly more suited for Kris but there were still some whack notes. Kara should take note that a song is probably not that great if 2 really good singers can't even make it enjoyable.

This is going THE hardest prediction to make of the entire season. I'm going to go against my personal feelings and say that Adam will pull off the victory. Looking forward to the performances and results tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I almost want Adam to win so that they don't ruin Kris. Plus, whoever gets stuck with the stupid Idol song is screwed. Although if they could "Carrie Underwood" Kris on the first album, he will be awesome. They will surely both get record deals so I am not worried!

    ReplyDelete