Friday, May 15, 2009

What Did You Record In 5th Grade?

Because I'm guessing that whatever it was pales in comparison to what those awesome kids from PS22 in Staten Island are doing. While making my way over to Passion Pit's MySpace page to stream their excellent new album Manners (out next Tuesday!), I found a video from The Fader that documented some of the recording process for the previously-mentioned album. And sure enough, a majority of the clip focuses on PS22 recording their parts for the album (I know for sure they're on "Little Secrets" and "The Reeling"). I can't even imagine how great of an experience this is for those kids. The best part is when one of the members of Passion Pit talks about how, in his head, so much of the music sounds like it's being sung by a school choir, yet he had trouble getting a choir to help record. Passion Pit, meet PS22.

No comments:

Post a Comment