Tuesday, May 5, 2009

AI Recap - Rock and Roll!

Adam kicks off the show for once in what can only be described as a fashion atrocity.  I don't what was worse - the deep V or the spikes on the jacket.  Looking past that this week was pretty much made for Adam - over the top at its core.  It was a very good performance.  

In other news Kara has officially outstayed her welcome.  Her comments lack any insight and unlike Paula she's not entertaining in the least.

Tonight was probably my favorite performance from Allison.  Finally something showed off her voice and her musical style.  Unfortunately I feel like the judges are prohibited from giving her too much praise since the powers that be are set on an all male top 3.  

Renegade????? Styx?????  This has been one of my favorite songs since I danced to it in 9th grade so I geeked out a little when I heard Kris sing the first notes.  Can't really say that I enjoyed the duet and it's hard to figure out what the purpose of them is really supposed to be.  Is it supposed to be a head to head comparison?  Should we base votes on their performance as a whole? I don't get it.  Just like I don't get the dog collar the Idol stylist put around Danny Gokey's neck.  

It was a swoonless night for me as Kris disappointed a bit.  The song choice was a bit cliche and his voice really didn't sound great in the lower register.  I'd rate it at the bottom of the Kris Allen anthology but I still hope he makes it into next week.

And now a haiku for Gokey.....
Dearest Danny G  
Please spare my tender, young ears
Lambert you are not.

Holy tight pants Batman....waaaaay too much Glambert to behold.  He and Allison did a great job but the jury is in and the duets are dumb.  Along with the 4th judge they should go next year.

This week's elimination is a tough one to call.  While it will definitely come down to Kris and Allison I could honestly see it going either way.  I'm going to make the call and say Allison will be eliminated due to Kris' fans cranking up the voting after the judges' harsh comments tonight.

PS - I'd like a moment of silence in honor of Lil Kim's premature elimination on DWTS...........thank you.

PPS - Anyone else catch SYTYCD alums Travis Wall and Nick Lazzarini performing in the Stars of Dance number?  

3 comments:

  1. Sigh, what a beautiful haiku. Also, I love Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat at the phone for 2 hours voting for Kris... For you... So you would have another week with him. Happy? You better be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you have been right everytime. that makes you a legitamite blogger. woah.

    so proud.

    ReplyDelete