Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Mom Translator

Amid all of the great sketches on Saturday Night Live this past week, one of their best "commercial" bits almost slipped through the cracks! I can't even recall how many times our family has been sitting at the dinner table and my mom will start to tell a story that involves a celebrity (usually an actor). Inevitably, that story devolves into the three kids guessing who she's talking about for 5 minutes while she attempts to help us out with clues like, "You know! He was in that movie a couple years ago... there were police and some of them were corrupt... and I know he's dating that other girl from TV... I think she's on Fox." Maybe it's only funny if you've experienced it, but I'm glad to know that the Mom Translator is a more universal need than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment