Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You Know You Love Me

Just a few storyline thoughts…

Teacher/Dan - As a former teacher I am totally icked out by little miss English teacher having one-on-one coffee dates complete with witty banter with Lonely Boy. As much as you may want to be cool and connect with your students there are boundaries but such things don’t exist on the Upper East Side I presume. Also for someone so judgmental Dan sure does make a lot of dumb decisions

Blair’s war – In recent episodes Blair has been channeling her inner Cher Horowitz (Clueless for you culturally deprived) with her rousing soliloquies and calls to action and I couldn’t enjoy it more. I can only dream of the kind of hijinks Blair and Cher could get into in some sort of East Coast-West Coast scheme-off with Cher working for good and Blair for evil. At first they would butt head but ultimately they’d become best friends with the new Kelly Clarkson single in the background…someone in Hollywood please make this happen!

Chuck Bass has become my favorite characters on this show but this whole secret sex society storyline doesn’t look like it’s going to do him any favors. Uncovering Daddy’s secrets seem like a bit of a waste of the fabulous character writing they have had for him as of late.

All in all I thought this episode was a little disappointing. Vanessa and Nate were pointless per usual (it’s really time to kill one of them off) and I feel like the current plot devices are played out. I even missed the Eric and Little J dynamic. GG really needs to get back to the heart of the show – the relationships between Rufus and Lily and Chuck and Blair to regain its greatness.

Until next time,

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I need Blair's war against Teacher to escalate and to end in Teacher's total destruction. And yes, Dan's judgment is always off - see: Vanessa, Georgina, that random girl that Chuck recruited, that other random girl that Serena's ex used to date. I hate Teacher so naturally Dan worships her. It makes no sense for the school to rehire her so this plot better end in Blair's triumph. I really hope this means Serena/Dan are over for good this time.

    I do not like where Chuck's story is heading. I feel like we're treading water until he and Blair reunite. And finally, because it can never be said enough - Die, Vanessa, Die! (That is where we're headed, right? Right?!)

    ReplyDelete