Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Modifying your Manipulation of Movement"

Note on the intros - I think Jeanette got the most applause out of all the girls - could this be an indication of her overall popularity?

Randi and Evan: Jive - These two are quickly becoming one of my favorite couples. They are adorable and genuinely seem like nice kids that are having a good time with this. The technique was pretty much on though Randi's arms were a bit distracting at some points. Overall very enjoyable.

Melissa and Ade: Jazz - It just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be (or as the judges thought it was). Melissa looked like she was going through the motion a little bit and I thought Ade really carried the weight in this performance.

Caitlin and Jason: Hip-Hop - Jason is good....really good. Caitlin was much better in her solo section than in the synchronized portions. Mary was right on in saying that they were just very different dancers in this piece. My sister brought up an interesting comparison between Caitlin and Kherington from last season. Both were pimped very heavily during auditions by judges and producers but also had very popular partners. We will see if unlike Kherington, Caitlin can last in the competition when not paired with one of the best guys.

Jeanette and Brandon: Disco - Can we get this girl a new haircut please? I love disco and I was tired just watching it. There were a couple of bobbles but they were well handled (and kind of expected at that speed!) It's amazing how well these two have done with both of their ballroom dances - it has definitely put them at the front of the pack.

Asuka and Vitolio: Waltz - The lines hit during dance were absolutely gorgeous - from the splits to the arms. People who don't really "get" dance and the concept of lines should really watch this routine and it should make sense. I'm really glad these two bounced back from their Broadway disaster last week.

Kayla and Max: Pop Jazz - Another great return to the show in Brian Friedman even though he's not rocking the curly locks anymore. Kayla killed it. Even at the beginning of the routine when Max was supposed to be the highlight my eyes went straight to her and pretty much stayed there the whole time. She is totally deserving of all the praise given to her by the judges and I am a big fan.

Karla and Jonathan: Contemporary - Wow - what a great debut for a new choreographer! Last week Jonathan annoyed me with his salsa but things were totally different with the contemporary - He wasn't dancing like a little boy and he was good! This was the first time we've actually seen how good of a dancer Karla was and learning she is also a hip-hop dancer only makes her even more exciting. I absolutely loved every minute of it and can't wait to see what else Stacey can bring this season!

Jeanine and Phillip: Tango - Phillip did a decent job for his first time out of his style. Jeanine doesn't do much for me. She doesn't inspire me to pick up the phone and vote - doesn't really make me want to watch her dance and she doesn't even get the judges to talk about her. This week could be trouble for them.

Ashley and Kupono: Hip-Hop - I was not in agreement with the judges on this one. I thought it was pretty decent routine. Ashley continues to surprise me and is definitely growing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment