Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Karla and Jonathan: Hip-Hop - Dave Scott returns! Unfortunately Jonathan made this routine a little hard to watch. Much like the first week he just looked very amateur. Karla was decent but nothing to write home about. I thought last week was a turning point for these two but it looks like they are back to square one.

Asuka and Vitolio: Jazz - There are only 2 words that come to mind for this routine....dance recital. Partially the fault of the choreographer but also due to the cheesy delivery of the dancers. I was not a fan.

Melissa and Ade: Rumba - Overall I liked it. Ade once again showed himself to be a very versatile dancer, bringing strength to yet a new style. Melissa could have been a little softer on some of the moves but they were successful once again.

Janette and Brandon: Hip-Hop - I must admit I was surprised by both of these dancers tonight. Jeanette definitely brought the sass to her character and I didn't expect Brandon's popping to be SO good. They've shown once again they are a couple to beat.

Kayla and Kupono: Viennese Waltz - I think I'm going to like these two together. Both are very pretty dancers (arms, legs, feet) so it was very nice of the producers to give them this fluid of a dance (also nice of them to give the specialty cityscape lighting). I do think that they will get votes and be safe this week.

Randi and Evan: Contemporary - Did anyone else notice Randi's Unitard Girl T-shirt? It was awesome. What stands out about these two is their ability to take on the characters of the dance. Thinking back they have done it every week thus far. Can't wait to see a hip-hop routine on these two.

Kaitlin and Jason: Paso Doble - Compared to paso dobles from past season I don't think this one had the same power or fire. Take a cue from a great movie (one that should NOT be remade into a ABC Family TV show!) - I wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed I was just whelmed.

Jeanine and Phillip: Broadway - Finally they don't disappoint! For the first time I saw Jeanine's appeal. She carried the weight in this routine and finally showed some personality.

As far as the bottom goes I think Nigel was spot on with Kayla and Jonathan. I'd also put my money on Asuka and Vitolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment